Silicon Valley Cabinets gives you a choice of materials that allow you can design a durable, attractive cabinet at a price that suits your budget.
Cabinet box: Euro-style construction, .75 pre-finished maple or .75 industrial-grade white melamine furniture board (your choice). Edgebanding matches the door color.
Applied finished ends. Where the end of a cabinet is visible it is common to use the door material. This can be applied as a separate panel or "integral" as part of the cabinet. Applied finished ends "capture" the back of the doors; they add .75 to the cabinet width.
Cabinet doors and drawer fronts: Textured melamine (aka "thermofused laminate", or TFL) is a relatively new product that has become very popular for cabinet door/drawer fronts because of the excellent wood and solid tones, textures, durability and price point. We offer TFL from Wilsonart (wood appearance), SALT (wood appearance), and AGT (solid and supermat colors). For those wanting actual wood, we offer Shinnoki pre-finished wood veneer.
Drawer boxes: .5" Russian birch ply or .5" white melamine furniture board
Hinges: Euro-style cabinet hinges
Drawer slides: Full-extension undermount soft-close
Drawer pulls: Jamison bar pulls standard (or, bring your own and we will install them)
Assembly: Cabinets are assembled with wood dowels, the most durable, attractive way to assemble a cabinet.
Installation: Your choice: use one of our certified installers (contact us and we will help you set this up), or install yourself or with your contractor.
Keep in mind: Once you begin designing your cabinets there are some details you will want to keep in mind:
- The height of the cabinet includes the 4" leg levelers or toe kick. A 34" tall cabinet is 30" of box, 4" of legs.
- If you don't want toe kicks, simply add 4" to your cabinet height and don't attach the leg levelers.
- The leg levelers can come with a toe kick cover that snaps on to the legs. For kitchens and bathrooms this gives a standard, finished cabinet appearance. They are easier to install.
- Cabinet interiors are white or pre-finished maple, depending on the box material you choose. The box is then edgebanded to match your door front color.
- Applied or integral finished ends. The finished end is a color that matches your doors - you need them where the exterior end of the cabinet is visible (not against a wall or another cabinet). An applied finished end adds .75 to the width of the cabinet.
- The depth of the cabinet is the box only! The cabinet depth does not include 7/8" (.875") for the doors. Standard base cabinet depth is 24" + 7/8" doors = 24-7/8".
- Shaker doors cost more.
- Take a moment to read the Designer Help page
- Call us if you need help
- Call us before you submit your order - we want to review it with you
Textured melamine door fronts, with matching edgband, give cabinets a beautiful look without sacrificing durability. These colors are available from our free and easy design software. Start designing now.
Door and drawer fronts
Our cabinet design software allows you to choose between slab and shaker door and drawer fronts.
Cabinet colors and specs
Textured melamines, aka "thermofused laminate" (TFL) come in solid colors and wood grain. They are less expensive than wood, do not require finishing, are more durable and do not fade over time. TFL is a very durable melamine that comes in three basic varieties: 1) with a textured wood pattern that looks and feels like actual wood grain, 2) a "supermatte" finish that looks like paint but is less expensive, more durable and maintenance free, and 3) High-gloss for that Las Vegas look. The melamine is fused under high heat and pressure to create a very durable finish.
You will see these materials when you start designing using our 3D tool. We also encourage you to stop by our office to see these materials in person in our material library.